Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just Because

Just because everything, nay E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G has been sounding so good to me lately I will post this recipe I came across. I love Kettle corn and I'm always game for trying to make new things. I haven't tried this so I have no idea how it tastes. If anyone makes it let me know.

Kettle Corn (adapted slightly from Chaos in the Kitchen)
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
In a large pot with a lid, add oil and three kernels of popcorn. Turn on the heat and cover the pot. Listen carefully - when the third kernel pops your oil is ready.
Add the rest of the popcorn and the sugar. Give it a quick stir to combine and fully coat. Cover the pan and shake gently (using potholders) over medium-high heat, leaving the lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape from popping kernels. Remove the pan from the heat when the popping stops and carefully pour the popped kernels into a large bowl. Season with salt to taste (about 1-2 teaspoons).
p.s. I have one of those hand crank popcorn poppers that you put on the stove but obviously a pan will work too.

No comments: