Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthmas

Love Christmas. Love birthdays. Not so fond of the fact that Kennedy's birthday is 10 days after Christmas. It's hard enough to come up with meaningful Christmas gifts that will be used for more than 18 minutes and not discarded to the black hole of forgotten gifts. I hate hearing 2 days after Christmas "I'm bored. There's nothing to do." Grrrrr......

This year I think I'm good. I have some good and useful gifts for Christmas PLUS plenty of good ideas for her birthday. Paige is also on the borderline of the birthday and Christmas conflict (November 20th).

Kennedy sometimes reads this blog so I can't say what it is, but I have a gift that I hope will bring tears to her eyes. Speaking of tears - a few years ago for her birthday we bought her a new bike. She had only had hand-me-down bikes and thought a new one would bring forth squeals of delight. Nope. Tears. Tears of sadness and disappointment. It was the last new bike she will ever get. Only hand-me-downs from now on. Oh yeah! There was also the time we got her a figurine from Lord of the Rings (of a character that she liked very much). After she realized what it was she chucked it across the room. She's either very picky or I'm a bad gift getter.

3 comments:

Trimble said...

Ouch. I wish you luck with the present giving this year, but just in case, maybe you should wear a helmet. :)

Jen said...

Geez I don't know if I would dare ever give Kennedy a gift.

Rachel said...

Good luck. May your gift be a hit...and not in the head!